Sunday, May 20, 2012

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum Review!

 Hello! I've had this Dream Mousse Blush by Maybelline for a little while now. It's discontinued by Maybelline according to the website, but I know that it is still available in some drugstores and on other various websites. I got it for about $7.

The packaging is really cute. I'm a sucker for glass pots, though I'm not sure why... 

The texture of the blush is, as advertised, a mousse. It's kind of like a "whipped" consistency. Soft Plum is a medium-deep pink with gold sparkles. The sparkles are pretty chunky, rather than shimmery, but they don't transfer very much onto the skin. The color payoff is okay, not great. Take note, though, that I'm pretty picky when it comes to blushes. I rarely like blushes unless they have really high pigmentation.

Flash Photo
 Unlike many other beauty people out there, I'm not the biggest fan of this product. The color doesn't spread very evenly for me, and even though the color is quite pretty and complementary to my skin, it doesn't last at all. It seems as though the color absorbs into my skin fairly quickly so it doesn't stay all day.

Flash Photo
This is an okay product for on-the-go or touch ups when you don't have a mirror or time because you can just slap it on without looking and know that it's visible on your cheeks.

Normally, I like cream blushes a lot. I have a few that work really well for me, but the mousse is definitely meant to be lighter and more subtle than a cream. Regardless, I prefer powder and a few cream blushes. I wouldn't repurchase this.

No comments:

Post a Comment