Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TheBalm Review! (Tinted Moisturizer & Blush)


I recently purchased these two products from TheBalm, a brand that isn't sold at many of the Sephora stores near me. It was discontinued at even the biggest Sephora stores in my area, and there are no Ulta stores anywhere close to me. I purchased these two products online, to try out the brand, and fell in love! I have the BalmShelter tinted moisturizer and the FratBoy shadow/blush.

The packaging for the tinted moisturizer is just a regular tube, nothing special. It comes in a little box. The blush is housed in a cardboard case that is sealed shut with a magnet and has a small mirror inside. I'm not a fan of the mirror because it's too little to really see anything in, but if I really need a mirror I'll use it. There are cute little sayings inside too. It's marketed as a very flirtatious product, which I love ;)

The BalmShelter is the perfect tinted moisturizer for me. I personally don't often use foundation, just because I don't really need a lot of coverage. I'm a big fan of tinted moisturizers, and this one has definitely made its way up to the top of my list of favorites. It has pretty medium coverage, as it evens out my skin tone rather well. The consistency itself is very thick and creamy, and a little bit goes a long way. There are only three shades, though, which kind of sucks. I use the darkest shade, medium, which gives me a little bit of added color but that's okay because I generally wear a matte bronzer on top as well. I could probably use this in place of my regular moisturizer too, but I choose not to because I like to prep my skin with my Nivea Soft. The product lasts about eight hours on my skin before it begins to fade, which is good enough for me! It comes off easily with facewash or makeup remover.

FratBoy Shadow/Blush is a bright coral described as a "peachy-apricot". I've only used it as a blush and don't really see myself using it as a shadow in the future, although it is definitely pigmented enough to be a shadow. I think it's a bit more on the pink side of coral, and wouldn't dare to call it a peachy-apricot because it has more pink than peach. It's a very flattering color on my skin, though I will admit I was a bit disappointed in how pink it was because I was looking for a bit of a peachier color. It's still gorgeous nonetheless. The pigmentation is great, which makes it harder to apply because a little bit goes a very long way. For me, it lasts several hours before it starts to fade, about 8 hours actually. The texture is very soft and looks quite natural on the skin, with a bit of a sheen for a finish. There is a subtle gold shimmer as well. Overall, I love this blush. It brings a great glow to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment