Thursday, April 19, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Peach Review!


Flash photo - more peach and less pink in person

I've always been into peachy colors like coral, apricot, and even some shades of orange for my lips. Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks  are a great, affordable product that have a creamy and soft texture and several wearable shades. For some reason, the shade that I have, Peach, isn't available on the website. (Click on the word "Peach" to find the lipstick in this shade on Ulta.com)

The lipstick is very wearable, not super pigmented but not sheer. It has a nice color payoff with a soft feel on my lips, although I still wear a moisturizer or balm underneath just because my lips dry out very frequently. The color only lasted about 1 or 2 hours for me, though, without touching it. It faded rather quickly, but it's okay because it was just a daytime color that I could easily reapply without much effort. I wouldn't recommend this product for a long event where your color needed to stay potent throughout the night, but I'd definitely use it for a daytime look to add some color. The shade is a pinky-peach color, similar to "Ravishing" and "Watch Me Simmer" lipsticks from MAC.

Slightly lighter in person.
The color has a bit of golden shimmer, but it's not super sparkly so it doesn't make a big difference. I find that it has no benefits on my teeth though, because it's a yellowish shade so it doesn't whiten the appearance of my smile like deeper colors do.

Overall, this is an easy addition to a daytime look and a good choice for a peach shade--something that can substitute an everyday nude or light pink lipstick. It's a warm-weather color, so I'm loving wearing it right now in the Spring. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment