Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stila Smudgestick in Silverdollar Review!



Stila's waterproof eyeliners, or Smudgesticks, have been one of their most popular products for a while now. The shade that I have is Silverdollar, a metallic silver color with lots of shimmer.

This product is very long lasting and pigmented. It's a little too bright for me to use as an inner corner highlight, which is what I intentionally purchased it for, but I like to use it on my upper lid just as an eyeliner. It isn't very "smudgeable" at all, actually, because it seems to set pretty quickly on my skin. If you want it to be smudged out as a line, you need to work with it as soon as it's applied. If used as a base for a shadow, or just all over the lid and set with powder, it seems to be easier to smudge once more product is applied and spread over more skin.

Left, two strokes (not warmed up).
Right, several strokes blended.
This product lasted on me without any fading for the entire day before I took it off. It's waterproof too, so I'm assuming it'd be safe for your waterline too. The texture is relatively smooth but not very creamy, which is what I prefer in eyeliners. My stick broke off a rather large piece, which I was super bummed about, but I blame the packaging. I've never been a fan of scroll-up liners, I prefer them in pencil form.

For some reason, Silverdollar (and Koi, the gold) is not available at Sephora anymore. It's 50% off on the Stila website, but other Smudgesticks are $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment