Saturday, April 28, 2012

MAC Paintpot in Soft Ochre Review!

MAC Paintpots are great cream shadows and primers. I use Soft Ochre as a primer for my shadows because it's a color very close to my skin.

These products are super creamy and blend-able, and have a good color payoff. If I were to use this by itself, it'd work well to cover up any veining and discoloration on my eyelids. 

 The packaging is nice, paintpots are always glass pots with a sturdy cover. I drop this all the time and it has yet to break or even chip on me.

Unfortunately, I could never wear this product alone. It creases on my eyelids when it sits by itself all day. I've tried just one thin layer as well as several layers, letting it dry in between. No matter what, it seems to crease and that is just not a good look.

As a primer, I love it. It always holds my eyeshadows all day without creasing (unless the shadow is super cheap and bad quality on its own, and my paintpot still holds the shadow longer than when by itself) and makes colors more vibrant.

Paintpots are $17.50 each, and have 5 grams of product. That is a LOT of primer. I've had this one for many many months and it has yet to even come close to drying out on me or anything. I have barely made a dent in it, and I use it almost every single day.
Left, one stroke. Right, blended.


I'd recommend this is a primer, without a doubt. You're getting quite the bang for your buck, and it works very well. On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend this as a cream eyeshadow because of the creasing and lasting problems. If you really want to wear it as a shadow, though, just set it with a nicely pigmented eyeshadow of a similar color or even a face powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment